UK Student Visa – it is no doubt that the united kingdom student visa is one of the hardest in the world today.
We have a lot of Nigerians who want to study in the Uk but have not been able to do that because of Visa issues, the requirements for you to get the Visa are strict.
In this article, we are going to look at how you can Apply for UK students Visa, we would also give you all the requirements needed for you to be accepted or granted the Visa.
First, we must understand that studying in the UK is a great thing and have so many advantages.
Most of the universities you see in the UK are ranking high on the recently released 2022 QS world university ranking, they are known for having the best facilities in different schools.
So, if you are looking to study in a prestigious country like the UK, you should be prepared to have a headache getting your Visa especially if you’re coming from a country like Nigeria.
Well not to worry, we are going to provide you with the requirements needed for you to be granted a student visa to study in the UK.
UK Student Visa Application Procedures
Here we would be giving you some of the things you need to know before you will be granted students Visa. Below are the complete procedures.
Before your application, you need to first check if you are even eligible to be given the Visa.
The UK government would want you to prove your eligibility by providing some documents which we have mentioned below.
- A document that shows that the school (university or college) you applied for in the UK have accepted you as one of their students. The document is called CAS ( Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies)
- Most importantly, you have to prove to the government that you have enough money that can cover your living expenses, your tuition fees and any other expenses that may be incurred in your course of study.
- When all these have been provided, the next step is for you to go ahead and start your application.
Not to rush, aside from the eligibility check documents that have been mentioned above, you would still need to pass the requirements test, after passing this test, then you can Apply without stress.
Requirements For UK Student Visa
It may sound funny but obtaining a student Visa is more strict than getting a tourist Visa or any other kind of Visa in the UK.
You will be required to provide so many documents which are part of the things we are going to be discussing in this section of the article.
All the documents that we would mention here have to be ready before going for the interview because they will all be checked.
- You will be required to submit a hard copy of your application form, which means after applying online, you need to have a printed copy.
- You will also need to present the letter of acceptance from the university or college you applied for, which will. carry the name of the course you intend on studying.
- You will receive a Visa letter and you will be required to apply for it six months after the Visa letter was sent to you.
- The Immigration rule is of great importance to the government, you must be of strong obedience to the rule which will keep you safe from deportation.
- Another thing the government looks at while checking if you can be given a Visa is how much you have, is your money big enough to cover your education and living expenses? If yes, the money should have been with you in the past 28 days.
- You must present all your original certificates
- You will show your VISA fee registration
- The payment slip has to be shown.
- Although in the beginning, your mind does not need to prove your English proficiency like TOEFL, or IELTS, you will do that soon, so you should be prepared for it.
How to Apply For UK Student Visa
Now let’s talk about how you can Apply to get your UK students Visa. Just as we mentioned before, it is one of the hardest Visas to get.
It is even better to Apply for a work Visa or tourist Visa than to ask for a student Visa in the United Kingdom.
Before applying, you should be sure of the type of student Visa you want, whether is it a Long or short-term Visa. Either way, this is how you can Apply.
- You need to start by heading straight to the official application portal of the government at https://www.gov.uk/student-visa/apply
- You will be required to pay your Visa fee which can be done in three ways, the first way is to pay through the stranded charter Bank in the name of the British Hogh Commissioner
- The second way to handle this is by going to any local or international bank to make your payment and referring it to the British High Commissioner
- The third one is to do the payment at the registration centre using your Mastercard or VisaCard, this is the simplest option.
- Carefully fill out the form before submitting because after submitting they will be no room for edit.
- Do we take a printed copy of your form because it will be needed?
- You can then fix a meeting g with the Visa Centre.
Different Types of Student Visa
There are two major types of students Visa and it is important we talk about them to avoid making some mistakes.
1. Short-Term Visa
This type of Visa is for those who are in the UK just for a short period of 6 to 10 months. They may be there for language study
2. Long-Term Visa
This type of Visa is for those that want to stay long in the UK. Those that want to do their Undergraduate studies, Master’s degree and PhD.
So when you go to the application centre, tell them the one you want.
What is the UK Student Visa Fee?
There are different types of student visas but for the general which is seen as the tier 4 Visa is just 325 pounds.
You can pay for it using any of the methods we have provided above.
When should I apply for UK students Visa?
The Visa is good for application in three months before your travel, before that three months, you should have gotten all documents you need.
Is a student Visa Compulsory?
Yes, a student who wants to study in the UK needs to have a student Visa before they can enter the country.
How much do I need to have before Applying for Student Visa?
Have in mind that the Visa fee is not the only money that you need, if your tuition fee is 9,000 and your maintenance and Visa fee rounds it up to 12,000 pounds, then you should have at least 18,000 which can cover your living expenses.