Canadian schools that have Vanier CGS portion are taking applications for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships for 2022/23 scholastic meeting.
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) was laid out to tempt and hold top notch doctoral applicants and to lay out Canada as a worldwide focus of greatness in research and advanced education. The grant grants are towards a doctoral certificate program (or joint MA/PhD or MD/PhD).
The Government of Canada made the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) in 2008 to support Canada’s capacity to captivate and hold top notch doctoral applicants and lay out Canada as a global focus of greatness in research and advanced education. Vanier Scholars show initiative abilities and an elevated requirement of scholastic achievement in graduate schooling in the sociologies and humanities, inherent sciences and additionally designing and wellbeing.
Worth of Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
The Scholarship grants are esteemed at $50,000 every year for quite some time of doctoral instruction.
Qualification for Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
To be given consideration for a Vanier CGS, you have to:
- be nominated by only one Canadian school, which should have obtained a Vanier CGS quota;
- be seeking your first doctoral degree (including joint undergraduate/graduate research program like: MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD – if it has a proven and substantial research constituent). Note that only the PhD component of a joint degree is eligible for funding;
- plan to pursue, in the summer semester or the academic session subsequent to the announcement of results, full-time doctoral (or a joint graduate program like: MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD) studies and research at the nominating school; Note that only the PhD part of a combined degree is qualified for funding;
- not have finished over 20 months of doctoral studies as of May 1, 2019
- have attained a first-class average, as decided by your institution, in each of the last two years of full-time study or equal. Candidates are advised to get in touch with the institution for its definition of a first-class average; and
- ahouls not hold, or have held, a doctoral-level scholarship award or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC or SSHRC to undergo or complete a doctoral degree.
Step by step instructions to Apply for Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
- Candidates should be nominated by a Canadian Institution with a quota at which they wish to study. Candidates are not able to apply directly to the Vanier CGS program.
- Applications are instigated in one of two ways. Either the student notifies the faculty of graduate studies at the chosen institution of their plan to apply to the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships OR the institution commences the nomination process by getting in touch the desired candidate.
- Applications are arranged by the student and submitted to the nominating institution by their internal closing date using the ResearchNet application system.
- It is crucial to visit the official website (link provided below) to gain access to the application form and to know the full details on how to submit application for this scholarship.
Every understudy must be assigned one time for each rivalry. In the event that north of one establishment is keen on naming a singular contender for a Vanier CGS, the up-and-comer needs to pick one foundation to present their designation. Different selections won’t be thought of.
|July – November 2021||Candidates seek a nominating institution, arrange and submit an application package.|
|Internal Deadline (varies)||Closing date to submit an application to the nominating institution. Get in touch with nominating institution for a specific date.|
|November 2, 2021 (20:00 EST)||Closing date for institutions to submit nominations to the Vanier CGS program.|
|November 2021 – March 2022||Review and assessment of nominations.|
|Early April 2022||Anticipated notification of results. Nominees will be informed by email when the results are published on ResearchNet.|
|May 1, 2022, September 1, 2022, or January 1, 2023||Payments begin.|
Candidates ought to ask from choosing foundation about the accommodation cutoff time. Applications ought to be put together by choosing organizations by November 2, 2021 (20:00 EDT).
For more data, Visit here